- Botanical name: Zea mays
- Common name: Purple Corn – Maiz morado
- Source: Dried cobs of purple variety of Zea mays, a native crop grown in the Peruvian Andes at 2000 to 3000 meters above sea level.
Native to Peru, purple corn is consumed daily in a very popular beverage called Chicha morada and in desserts like Mazamorra morada.
Anthocyanins are potent natural antioxidants, up to 4 times more powerful than Vitamin E. They may improve night vision and overall visual acuity and may help keep you slim and fight against chronic diseases.
- As an ingredient in healthy antioxidant rich drinks.
- Purple corn color may be beneficial for helping to prevent diabetes and obesity. (Dietary cyanindin glucoside-rich purple corn color prevents obesity and ameliorates hyperglycemia in mice. Tsuda T., et. al.)
- Purple corn colorant showed higher inhibition of human colon carcinoma HT29 cell proliferation than other six (chokeberry, bilberry, grape, purple carrot, radish and elderberry) anthocyanin-rich extracts. (Purple corn anthocyanins: Chemical structure, chemoprotective activity and structure/function relationships. Pu Jing, M.S. The Ohio State University, USA 2006).
- Purple corn anthocyanins showed antidiabetic and beta cell-protection activities in pancreatic beta cell culture and db/db mice. (Antidiabetic and Beta Cell-Protection Activities of Purple Corn Anthocyanins. Su Hee Hong, et. al. College of Medicine, Hallym University, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea 2013).
- Market presentation: powder in capsules and tablets. Also in production of healthy drinks.
MZFX12 – Purple Corn spray-dried extract powder in 12:1 concentration with high content of Anthocyanins and Polyphenols
MZFX8 – Purple Corn spray-dried extract powder in 8:1 concentration
Technical data sheets and prices are available upon request. firstname.lastname@example.org